- The VEA Bargaining Team met with the District on Thursday, February 27, 2014.
- We continued to bargain on the following articles: WAGES, HOURS, SAFETY, CLASS SIZE, EVALUATIONS, Clean-up Language, Outstanding MOUs, and MEMBERS’ RIGHT TO DUE PROCESS.
- We received a disappointing response to our wage proposal from the district.
- We have let the district know that we will only accept an increase in wages that honors your hard work and acknowledges your sacrifices.
- We will continue to keep our members up-dated. However, in order to comply with the tenants of bargaining, we cannot be specific with information.
- We have scheduled additional dates in order to move the process forward more quickly.
- Our goal is to present a proposed contract for ratification by the beginning of May.
- At this point it is critical that members get involved!
- VEA’s Action Team will be putting together a plan… please look for it at Rep Council.
For immediate bargaining updates, please send your personal email to your bargaining contact below:
Janny Latno– firstname.lastname@example.org : Loma Vista, Highland, Wardlaw, and Solano Middle
Marneé McKenzie– email@example.com : Cave, Cooper, Steffan, Pennycook and Hogan Middle.
Carol Bishop– firstname.lastname@example.org : Jesse Bethel, Vallejo High, Franklin Middle and Hogan Middle
Leanne Duden– email@example.com : Mare Island, Patterson, Federal Terrace, and Vallejo Charter
Diane Klinge– firstname.lastname@example.org : Glen Cove, Peoples, Beverly Hills, and Vallejo Charter
Kathy Hellfeier– email@example.com : Widenmann, Dan Mini, and Lincoln